Due to the July 4th holiday, this is a reminder that the next monthly Grid maintenance is scheduled for Monday, July 10th, from 8am until 12pm.
How will this affect you?
- ALL running jobs (interactive and batch) will be terminated
- Any pending jobs will be paused prior to reboots and released afterwards
- All sessions to the login nodes will be terminated (including terminal and NoMachine sessions)
- You will not be able to login to the grid or use NoMachine
The actual work being performed is:
- Reboot of the compute and login nodes (including NoMachine), as well as a reboot of the MariaDB server
- Python 2.7 as a part of the Anaconda suite will replace the current Python 2.7 installation
What is happening?
- An important security patch needs to be applied to all machines that are part of the compute grid
- Providing Python 2.7 as a part of the Anaconda suite offers a richer set of additional Python packages and tighter integration with matplotlib, pandas, scipy, and other research tools
***Our next first-Monday-of-the-month maintenance will occur on Monday, August 7th, 2017.***
We thank you for your anticipated cooperation as we make improvements to the research grid. If you have any questions/comments, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.