This is a reminder that the monthly Grid maintenance is scheduled for Monday, May 1st, from 8am until 12pm.
How will this affect you?
- All sessions to the login nodes will be terminated (including terminal and NoMachine sessions)
- All interactive sessions will be terminated
- You will not be able to login to the grid
- You will not be able to use NoMachine
- Modules installed under Python v2.6 that include compiled code may need to be reinstalled under the new Python v2.7
Any currently pending jobs should not be affected.
Currently running non-interactive (batch) jobs may be affected if the job code makes separate, distinct calls to the Python binary. There is a remote chance that an early Python call will hit v2.6, and a later call will hit v2.7.
The actual work being performed is:
- The terminal and NoMachine login nodes will be rebooted
- The default Python will be upgraded to version 2.7
Installed Python v2.6 modules that included a compilation phase may need to be reinstalled under v2.7
o *If you require continual usage of Python 2.6, please contact us for further instructions.*
Our next first-Monday-of-the-month maintenance will occur on June 5th, 2017.