Research Computing Services is a centralized resource for all HBS faculty, doctoral students, staff, and collaborators.
- Our staff includes research analysts, statisticians, programmers, and project managers
- We provide personalized guidance in all phases of research projects: planning, data collection, analysis, and reporting
- methodological, programming, and statistical consultation
- research software support
- data services, including support for the research grid
The research grid offers more memory, speed, and processing power through a single entry point, and is an valuable resource in several ways.
- The grid software optimizes resources through load sharing, scheduling, and queuing of jobs across multiple servers.
- There is a browser-based interface for submitting jobs in addition to the usual connection through SSH.
- Multiple servers provide redundancy to avoid a single point of failure, thereby reducing the need for maintenance outages.
- The grid is easily scalable to expand computing resources as needed.
- All data and files stored on the research grid can be accessed in the usual way; in fact, they haven't been moved.
For more information: email us at email@example.com.