We are pleased to announce the opening of Compute Grid 2.5. Please see our Welcome document for more information.
The research grid offers more memory, speed, and processing power through a single entry point. Examples of use cases that will enable or accelerate research includes:
- Running software interactively that requires computing power (RAM or CPUs) equal to or more than one's desktop or laptop.
- Running an analysis that may take a few hours, with the ability of freeing up one's desktop or laptop for other work.
- Analyzing or transforming large datasets sitting on the research storage spaces with computing resources local to that data.
- Working with data in the research MariaDB database.
- Running a piece of code hundreds of times for a parameter sweep, optimization, or model fitting.
Technical benefits of the grid include:
- The ability to optimize resources through load sharing, scheduling, and queuing of jobs across multiple servers
- Access to a browser-based interface for submitting jobs in addition to the usual connection through SSH
- Multiple servers that provide redundancy to avoid a single point of failure
Get started on the grid today!
Updated on 1/15/19