Dear Research Grid User,
This is a reminder that the next monthly Grid maintenance is scheduled for Monday, April 2nd, from 8am until 12pm. In addition to our usual maintenance routines, we will also be conducting MariaDB maintenance at this time.
How will this affect you?
- All sessions to the login nodes will be terminated, including terminal and NoMachine sessions
- All interactive sessions/jobs will be terminated
- You will not be able to login to the grid
- You will not be able to use NoMachine
- You will not be able to login to MariaDB
- All MariaDB sessions will be terminated
The actual work being performed is:
- The terminal and NoMachine login nodes will be rebooted
- MariaDB will be offline to run diagnostics
- Temporary files in MariaDB’s import and export directories will be deleted (Friendly reminder- the import & export directories for MariaDB are not meant for permanent storage. Please be mindful about deleting your files once you’re done importing/exporting. Thank you!)
***Our next first-Monday-of-the-month maintenance will occur on Monday, May 7th 2018.***
Upcoming training opportunities:
- 4/26 Compute Grid Training - Attendance is now required for both HBS and guest account compute users within two months of getting a grid account. If you have not attended a training yet, please email email@example.com to register for the next session on Wednesday 4/26: https://training.rcs.hbs.org/event/compute-grid-training-7
New guest account password change policy:
Every year, HBS IT requires that users change their passwords to follow security protocol. As a guest of HBS, you will be getting an email from HBS IT to change your password once you hit the one year mark of using HBS resources. Please note that the procedure for changing your password is different from the instructions outlined in the email sent because you do not have access to the “myHBS” portal. Instead, please follow this link to change your password: https://account.hbs.edu/useradmin/bschool/passwd.html
We thank you for your anticipated cooperation as we make improvements to the research grid. If you have any questions/comments, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research Computing Services