Dear Research Grid User,
This is a reminder that the next monthly Grid maintenance is scheduled for Monday, December 4th, from 8am until 12pm.
How will this affect you?
· All sessions to the login nodes will be terminated, including terminal and NoMachine sessions
· All interactive sessions will be terminated
· You will not be able to login to the grid
· You will not be able to use NoMachine
The actual work being performed is:
· The terminal and NoMachine login nodes will be rebooted
***Our next first-Monday-of-the-month maintenance will occur on Monday, January 8th 2018.***
Compute Grid Tip of the Month:
NoMachine is a great GUI interface for using the compute grid. But's its user-friendly interface can cause problems. If you typically quit NoMachine by closing the window or from the NoMachine menu bar on your Mac or PC (File > Close Window), this keeps resources tied up, possibly preventing others from using the compute grid and getting their research done.
Instead, if you are done with your work, please exit your session by using menus *inside* the interface: System > Log Off JHarvard. By doing this, you are being a good community member, freeing up resources for other people to do their research!!
Upcoming training opportunities:
- 12/12 Compute Grid Training - We’d like to inform you that it is required to attend a compute grid training within two months of getting your grid account. If you have not attended a training yet, please email email@example.com to register for the next session on Tuesday, 12/12
We thank you for your anticipated cooperation as we make improvements to the research grid. If you have any questions/comments, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research Computing Services