Dear Research Grid User,
This is a reminder that the next monthly Grid maintenance is scheduled for Monday, May 7th, from 8am until 12pm. In addition to our usual maintenance routines, Maria DB will be shut down during this time.
How will this affect you?
· All sessions to the login nodes will be terminated, including terminal and NoMachine sessions
· All interactive sessions/jobs will be terminated
· You will not be able to login to the grid
· You will not be able to use NoMachine
· You will not be able to login to MariaDB
· All MariaDB sessions will be terminated
The actual work being performed is:
· The terminal and NoMachine login nodes will be rebooted
· MariaDB will be shut down so that system settings can be modified to enhance performance.
***Our next first-Monday-of-the-month maintenance will occur on Monday, June 4th 2018.***
Upcoming training opportunities:
· 5/30 Compute Grid Training - Attendance is now required for both HBS and guest account compute users within two months of getting a grid account. If you have not attended a training yet, please email email@example.com to register for the next session on Wednesday 5/30: https://training.rcs.hbs.org/event/compute-grid-training-7
Upcoming MariaDB maintenance - please plan your work ahead!
- The MariaDB server will be offline one or more days during the June 4th maintenance. We will send out a longer communication shortly with full details. If you have any questions or concerns at this time, please contact RCS.
We thank you for your anticipated cooperation as we make improvements to the research grid. If you have any questions/comments, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research Computing Services