Dear Compute Grid User,
This is a reminder that the next monthly Compute Grid maintenance is scheduled for Monday, October 1st, from 8am until 12pm.
This maintenance is a bit of a departure from previous ones as we prepare for the upcoming opening of our new compute grid environment (more on this in a future email). Accordingly, as a part of this maintenance, we will decrease some capacity on the current system: There will be one less node each for interactive and batch sessions. Because of the reduced capacity, please be extra mindful about exiting and terminating your sessions after you have finished working
How will this affect you?
- All sessions to the login nodes will be terminated, including terminal and NoMachine sessions
- All interactive sessions/jobs will be terminated
- You will not be able to login to the Compute Grid
- You will not be able to use NoMachine
The actual work being performed is:
- The terminal and NoMachine login nodes will be rebooted
- Two compute nodes will be moved out of the current environment
Upcoming training opportunities:
10/24 Compute Grid Training - Attendance is now required for both HBS and guest account compute users within two months of obtaining a grid account. If you have not attended a training yet, register for the next session on Wednesday, 10/24 at https://training.rcs.hbs.org/event/compute-grid-training-13. For guest users, please contact email@example.com to register.
We thank you for your anticipated cooperation as we make improvements to the research grid. Our next first-Monday-of-the-month maintenance will occur on Monday, November 5th 2018. If you have any questions/comments, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research Computing Services