Note: There are some changes to this document for Grid 2.5. Please see below and in-context. Please contact RCS if you have any questions.
Grid 2.5: PAC will be offered in Grid 2.5 at a later point in time.
PAC is a menu-driven interface that allows you to run batch jobs. Similar to the NoMachine interface, all the jobs options have pre-defined memory and compute core count footprints.
To run correctly inside the web browser, PAC requires Java to be installed on your system. Thus, the following platforms and browsers are recommended:
- Windows 7 & later: Chrome, IE, and Firefox
- Mac OS 10.11 and later: Safari and Firefox
Note: see our Technotes for how to enable Java/security on Macs and PCs.
To use PAC:
- Open https://researchpac.hbs.edu in a web browser and log on with your Grid account username and password.
- Click on the arrow next to Batch Submission in the left navigation pane and select the software package you would like to utilize.
- As an example, we'll walk through the steps for submitting a Stata/SE job. First, under "Basic Job Options" enter a "Job Name" of your choosing.
- Under "Advanced," specify the application profile you would like to use. For example, stata-se-5g will reserve 5GB of memory. Additionally, select the "Send Email" checkbox if you would like to receive a notification email when your job is finished.
- Under "Data" browse to the name of your "Input Program," select the checkbox next to the name of the program you wish to submit, and click "OK."
Next, browse to a Job work directory. The window will automatically open to the directory where the input program you chose is located. To designate this directory as the ‘Job Work Directory’, click on the small yellow folder with the green ‘up’ arrow to go up one level.
- Check the box next to the name of the directory you want to designate as the "Job Work Directory" and click "OK."
- Click "Submit."
To monitor the progress of your job in PAC, see the Monitoring Job Progress section.