Research Computing Services is a centralized resource for all HBS faculty, doctoral students, staff, and collaborators.
- Our staff includes research analysts, statisticians, programmers, and project managers
- We provide personalized guidance in all phases of research projects: planning, data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Methodological, programming, and statistical consultation
- Research software support
- Data services, including support for the research grid
The research grid offers more memory, speed, and processing power through a single entry point, and is an valuable resource in several ways.
- The grid software optimizes resources through load sharing, scheduling, and queuing of jobs across multiple servers
- There is a browser-based interface for submitting jobs in addition to the usual connection through SSH
- Multiple servers provide redundancy to avoid a single point of failure, thereby reducing the need for maintenance outages
- The grid is easily scalable to expand computing resources as needed
- All data and files stored on the research grid can be easily accessed
For more information: email us at firstname.lastname@example.org